Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Prima...

So, I've heard from multiple people now that I'm slacking on my blog, so I'm trying to write more frequently, no matter how lazy/busy I am. Nothing much happening here now except preparing for our ten day break! I just completed booking flights and hostels for Madrid and Barthelona (Thpain) for four days (including Halloween), then onto Dublin for three more nights, then to London for the last leg (where we'll hopefully be getting couches to sleep on at my friend Mel's place that I met at the hostel in Rome when I first flew into Italy). More than anything, I'm looking forward to the breakfasts, something I've been missing since I've been in Italy. Jess and I are flying out on Friday morning from Rome, and though I'm not looking forward to the expenses, I can't wait for the experience. We read our horoscopes for the month of November in Italian in class today, and mine said to lay low on spending...which prompted me to book the 10 euro 10 bed mixed room in the hostel in Dublin, rather than the 16 euro 8 bed female room.




This weekend at the chocolate festival in Perugia was a pretty once in a lifetime event. The minute we got off the bus in the city center you couldn't mistake the aroma of the air for anything but chocolate. At the actual festival I realized later that I didn't even sample much chocolate, rather just bought bars for other people. We got a chocolate card though, which gave us free stuff from a lot of the stands, my favorite being the hot chocolate stand. The hot chocolate there was something completely different from anything I've ever tasted. It was more like hot pudding than a beverage. It even came with a spoon and was so rich I have to get the milk chocolate flavor just so I could finish it.



The festival itself was jam packed. Luckily we were in Perugia for one day and two nights, so we felt like we had the luxury of taking our time and moving slowly rather than rushing through everything. We heard amazing things about the night-life in Perugia as well, but we found that it rivaled nothing more than Siena's, and felt ripped off when we got to a bar/club and were given a ticket, only to find out that the ticket was an “entrance” ticket, and to get out you had to purchase an eight euro beverage to get the “exit” ticket. We felt like prisoners in a bar that we didn't even like. Lesson learned.



Next you'll hear I'll probably be in Barcelona, which me safe and painless travels! (Knowing us, we'll need it). Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment